Dear guests and tour operators:
Please find important information regarding COVID-19. Since new information is constantly coming in, we suggest that you visit this page regularly so that you can react to changes.
Current situation in Costa Rica
- From March 18, 23h59 to April 12 23h59 only Costa Rican citizens or residents are allowed to enter Costa Rica. Aircraft crews are excluded from the rule so that flights can continue to take place. The airports are open.
- Tourists can leave Costa Rica by plane and can also enter their home country. However, some countries require quarantine at home for 2 weeks. Please inform yourself about the conditions in your country.
- Costa Rica has (as of April 3) 416 confirmed cases of Covid-19 diseases. The country has a very good health system and has been strictly implementing WHO recommendations since January, so the risk you get infected in Costa Rica is far less than in Europe. Please strictly adhere to known hygiene measures and behaviors when coughing and sneezing.
- From Friday, April 3 to Tuesday, April 7, the nighttime vehicle restriction will be extended throughout the country from 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Long-distance public transportation will be restricted. From Saturday, April 4, until Tuesday, April 7, the daytime vehicle restriction will apply from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with plate distribution. From April 8th to 12th, vehicle and public transportation will be restricted. After Holy Week, that is, as of April 13, no vehicles will be allowed to circulate from Monday to Thursday from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. except vehicles for transporting goods, as well as emergencies and press. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, no vehicle will be allowed to circulate from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. the following Monday.
- As of Tuesday, March 24th, all foreign residents or those with regular status in the country who leave the territory, automatically lose their immigration status.
- Most confirmed cases in Costa Rica are in the Central Valley / Alajuela - San José.
- All beaches and national parks are closed.
What we currently know:
Edelweiss (San José - Zurich):
- Operations to be confirmed after the last date
Lufthansa (San José - Frankfurt):
- Suspends operations until April 18
Condor (San José - Frankfurt):
- Operations are suspended until April 16th
Iberia (San José - Madrid):
- Suspends operations until May 1
Air France (San José - Paris CDG):
- Suspend operations until further notice.
KLM (San José - Amsterdam):
- According to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, KLM flight until March 28th. Suspends operations for up to 6 months
British Airways (San Jose - London Gatwick)
- Suspends operations from March 30th to June 27th
Flights via Panama City
- All flights from Panama City to Europe have been canceled.
- Anyone who flies to Panama City on a connecting flight and cannot continue must be quarantined for 2 weeks. Therefore, make sure that your connecting flight is confirmed. If not, we recommend avoiding the flight to Panama in the first place and try to get home from San José. Panama City airport closes on Sunday 22.3. for 30 days
Your ARA Tours team